Compliance and Risk Manager
Based in Perth (Fremantle), Western Australia, with some motor travel throughout South-West WA
Carbon Sync is a Western Australian soil carbon project developer. At Carbon Sync, we develop long-term partnerships with farmers and support them to identify and apply the management practices that will improve the profitability of their enterprise and the resilience of their farm ecosystem.
Carbon Sync is seeking a process and data-driven Compliance and Risk Manager (CRM) to coordinate our regulatory responsibilities in Western Australia as we grow our client base of WA farmers.
The CRM will be responsible for designing and operating workflow associated with initial registration of soil carbon projects as well as the ongoing project management and reporting of each project. The CRM will manage third-party technology, auditing and field-based contract service providers. The CRM will need to have experience with, and confidence in, assessing and operating data and technology platforms.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated high levels of attention to detail and patience with bureaucratic processes and procedures inherent in a Government designed and regulated scheme and an understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements in a similar or related workplace setting.
Carbon Sync is an agricultural education and extension start-up business specialising in soil carbon farming project development. We focus on integrated approaches to decarbonise agriculture, mitigate climate change and enhance climate resiliency. Along with soil carbon farming with the potential to generate carbon credits, we seek to create co-benefits of managing healthy, high-functioning soils and climate-smart systems.
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse voices are activated in all aspects of our efforts.
About the role
This is a senior executive position that requires an executive who is a consummate professional and a proven leader with a high intellect. Carbon Sync is in a start-up phase, and the successful candidate will be building the organisation’s compliance and risk capabilities from the ground up. As the organisation grows, the Compliance and Risk Manager will be required to recruit, develop and lead a team of compliance and risk professionals.
Our ideal candidate displays professional interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with a position at this senior level. He or she will be able to manage multiple competing priorities and projects, articulate ideas, influence people and eventually lead a high-performing team. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who can discern market trends and adjust plans to keep Carbon Sync at the leading edge of carbon farming. He or she must also have an exceptional level of attention to detail to ensure the effective registration of carbon farming projects in a highly regulated environment.
We are seeking a candidate who shares our values of integrity, teamwork, passion, excitement and energy.
Why our team members love working at Carbon Sync:
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic and highly talented team from around Australia and the world;
- The excitement, risk, and reward of the start-up environment;
- A shared connection to our Vision and Mission to make a difference in the agriculture sector and to the planet;
- The opportunity to leave a visible legacy of positive land stewardship;
- Our ideas are truly valued, and in a growing organisation, our individual impact is real;
- Our personal growth is important. Training and mentorship are built into everyone’s work schedule; and
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock option plan.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about effecting real change for clients and the wider farming community
- Is a fast learner, able to grasp technical detail with ease;
- Prefers and thrives in a collaborative working environment;
- Has an ability to provide a high level of customer service and to cultivate relationships with current and prospective clients;
- Is well-presented, reliable, punctual and has an excellent work ethic, as evidenced by previous employers’ references;
- Is technology-literate and able to use Google and Microsoft operating systems; and
- Has an A-Class driver’s licence with a good driving record and is able to occasionally travel by road in Western Australia.
Job Information Pack
If this sounds like you, please apply by emailing a cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Carbon Sync, along with your CV. We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates.
Please send your email to:
Founder and CEO