Business Development Manager (Agriculture/Environment/Carbon)
Based in Perth (Fremantle), Western Australia, with regular motor travel throughout South-West WA
Carbon Sync is a Western Australian soil carbon project developer. At Carbon Sync, we develop long-term partnerships with farmers and support them to identify and apply the management practices that will improve the profitability of their enterprise and the resilience of their farm ecosystem.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager with a proven track record of sales success and revenue generation to help us deliver on our Vision and Mission.
About the role
We are searching for a driven and high-performing Business Development Executive to launch Carbon Sync in Western Australia. This is an opportunity to pioneer groundbreaking change on farms in the South West Land Division of Western Australia. You will be leading the sales launch in a fast-growing industry and working with cropping and grazing farmers to help them transform the way they farm to become leaders in productivity and sustainability. You will be backed by a team of exceptional people on the ground in Western Australia to ensure your success.
Why our team members love working at Carbon Sync:
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic and highly talented team from around Australia and the world;
- The excitement, risk, and reward of the start-up environment;
- A shared connection to our Vision and Mission to make a difference in the agriculture sector and to the planet;
- The opportunity to leave a visible legacy of positive land stewardship;
- Our ideas are truly valued, and in a growing organisation, our individual impact is real;
- Our personal growth is important. Training and mentorship are built into everyone’s work schedule; and
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock option plan.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a proven track record in sales, preferably in the agricultural sector, environment or a related industry;
- Is passionate about effecting real change for clients and the wider farming community
- Is a fast learner, able to grasp technical detail with ease;
- Prefers and thrives in a collaborative working environment;
- Has an ability to provide a high level of customer service and to cultivate relationships with current and prospective clients;
- Is well-presented, reliable, punctual and has an excellent work ethic, as evidenced by previous employers’ references;
- Is technology-literate and able to use Google and Microsoft operating systems; and
- Has an A-Class driver’s licence with a good driving record and is able to spend 2-3 nights per week (on average) travelling in Western Australia.
Job Information Pack
If this sounds like you, please apply by emailing a cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Carbon Sync, along with your CV. We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates.
Please send your email to:
Founder and CEO